Truck Insurance for
Owner Operators



National Independent Truckers Insurance Company, RRG (NITIC) offers a variety of coverage options, Primary Liability, Physical Damage, Motor Truck Cargo, Non-Trucking Liability and Short Term or Temporary Insurance. Call us, schedule a call, or chat with us today to find the options that are right for you.

Commercial truck insurance
Learn more about
our history and mission.

Get A Free Quote

Truck insurance


Learn more about
our product offerings.

Commercial Truck Insurance by State

With more than 30+ years of expertise, we are providing owner-operators and motor carriers access to 30+ different types of commercial liability and truck insurance coverages tailored to their needs across 48 states.

Commercial Truck Insurance

As a leading commercial truck insurance company in America, we insure all types of trucks for owner-operators as well as private carriers offering highly flexible coverage at very competitive rates. We specialize in insuring
For a box truck, also referred to as straight/cube trucks, we offer coverages for cargo, reefer breakdown, physical damage, liability, and more.
We provide full coverage to protect transport truckers who operate these time-sensitive trucks without a CDL.
With coverages like general liability, physical damage, and stake body trucks for forestry, we cover specialty trucking including dump trucks for moving mud, sand, and gravel.
Our insurance coverages include general & comprehensive liability as well as garagekeepers & on-hook coverages for tow trucks.
For private carriers, we offer customized policies and also process your truck insurance filings when traveling across states.
No matter whether you are leased to a motor carrier or you operate on your own, we offer the best truck insurance coverage.
We provide a comprehensive insurance policy for your heavy-duty semi-truck that will secure your business from any unforeseen event.
From small duty to heavy duty, we provide coverages for all sizes of pickup trucks with coverages like liability, underinsured motorist, and physical damage



National Independent Truckers Insurance Company, RRG (NITIC) is a commercial truck insurance company specializing in insuring independent owner-operators and small fleets.  We are licensed to provide truck insurance in 48 states and maintain a B++ Rating with A.M. Best. NITIC maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.







Commercial truck insurance is a collection of particular vehicle insurance plans created to cater to the demands of trucking companies. Your trucks are covered by standard commercial truck insurance plans in the case of an accident. The majority of losses from a variety of risks are covered by collision and comprehensive coverage.

We provide cheap 24 to 72 hour plans for owner-operators who need short-term or temporary coverage to move a vehicle. For people who need to transport a truck from the place of purchase to their house or take one for repairs, these policies are helpful.

Physical damage and short-term main liability coverage are both offered.

Our short term policy pricings are listed as:

  • 1 days – $140
  • 2 days – $240
  • 3 days – $340
  • 4 days – $440
  • 5 days – $540

Commercial truck insurance covers damages such as collision, theft, fire, explosions, as well as various other physical damages.

The vehicle’s weight influences the cost of truck insurance. Higher coverage limits are needed for heavier vehicles, which raises the cost of insurance. This is partly because it’s harder to stop quickly with a heavy vehicle and because it may do more harm than a slower one.

Trucking insurance might also be more costly in some locations. The cost of trucking insurance will be greater if you run your truck or vehicles primarily on congested roadways or in areas where the cost of living is high.

The cost of trucking insurance also depends on the kind and value of the cargo being transported.

Drivers or owners of larger vehicles like dump trucks, cargo vans, and automobiles weighing more than 15,000 pounds often require commercial truck insurance.

Typically, filings are finalized 48 hours after the request is made.