Commercial Truck Insurance



National Independent Truckers Insurance Company, RRG (NITIC) offers a variety of commercial trucking insurance coverage options, including Primary Liability, Physical Damage, Motor Truck Cargo, Non-Trucking Liability (Bobtail), and Short Term or Temporary Insurance. Call us, schedule a call, or chat with us today to get a free trucking insurance quote that is best for you.

With hundreds of 5-star Google reviews and an A+ rating with the BBB, NITIC is your trusted source commercial truck insurance quotes. For over the past 20+ years, our team has served the commercial truckers just like you with competitive, accurate insurance quotes. Need an insurance quote? Have questions? We are here to help!

Commercial truck insurance
Learn more about
our history and mission.

Get A Free Quote

Truck insurance


Learn more about
our product offerings.

Commercial Tucks We Insure

As a leading commercial trucking insurance company in America, we insure all types of commercial trucks for owner-operators as well as private carriers offering highly flexible insurance coverage at very competitive rates.

For a box truck, also referred to as straight/cube trucks, we offer coverages for cargo, reefer breakdown, physical damage, liability, and more.
We provide full coverage to protect transport truckers who operate these time-sensitive trucks without a CDL.
With coverages like general liability, physical damage, and stake body trucks for forestry, we cover specialty trucking including dump trucks for moving mud, sand, and gravel.
Our insurance coverages include general & comprehensive liability as well as garagekeepers & on-hook coverages for tow trucks.

For private carriers, we offer customized policies and also process your insurance filings when traveling across states.

No matter whether you are leased to a motor carrier or you operate on your own, we offer the best insurance coverages to you.

We provide a comprehensive insurance policy for your heavy-duty semi-truck that will secure your business from any unforeseen event.
From small duty to heavy duty, we provide coverages for all sizes of pickup trucks with coverages like liability, underinsured motorist, and physical damage

Cargo Insurance covers losses or damage to the commodities and cargo that truck drivers are carrying. Get your cargo insurance quote today!



National Independent Truckers Insurance Company, RRG (NITIC) is a commercial truck insurance company specializing in insuring independent owner-operators and small fleets.  We are licensed to provide insurance services in 48 states and maintain a B++ Rating with A.M. Best. NITIC maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, and has hundreds of 5-star reviews on Google!

Виртуальные стены казино “Пин Ап” раскрывают разнообразие увлекательных игр, создавая атмосферу элегантности и обещая неповторимое игровое приключение.

The constant domain changes are a testament to Soap2Day‘s resilience.

หลายของเกมที่ทันสมัยและรูปแบบการเล่นที่สะดวกสบาย ที่นี่คือสุดยอดที่คุณต้องการสำหรับความบันเทิงที่ไม่มีวันหยุด ค้นพบความสนุกกับสล็อตมือถือ และรับประสบการณ์ที่ไม่เหมือนใครทุกวัน!





Commercial truck insurance is a specialized type of insurance tailored to the unique needs of businesses that operate trucks for commercial purposes. Whether you’re managing a fleet of delivery trucks, running a freight-hauling business, or operating any other truck-dependent enterprise, commercial truck insurance is vital for protecting your vehicles, drivers, and assets.

This insurance provides coverage for various risks associated with commercial trucking operations, including accidents, property damage, and liability claims. It typically includes bodily injury and property damage liability, collision coverage for truck damage, comprehensive coverage for incidents like theft or vandalism, and protection against uninsured or underinsured motorists.

At NITIC, we understand the importance of custom insurance coverage options for commercial trucks. Our team specializes in truck insurance and is committed to helping you navigate the complexities of the insurance industry. With 20+ years’ of expertise, you can rest assured that your trucks and your business are adequately protected against unforeseen challenges and liabilities. 


Commercial truck insurance is essential for various businesses and owner-operators involved in trucking operations, including:

Trucking Companies: Businesses that own and operate commercial trucks for transporting goods or materials, whether it’s local or long-distance hauling.

Owner-Operators: Independent truck drivers who own and operate their trucks independently or lease them to companies for freight hauling.

Freight Brokers: Companies that arrange transportation services between shippers and carriers need commercial truck insurance to protect against liability risks associated with their operations.

Fleet Owners: Companies that own and manage fleets of commercial trucks, including delivery fleets, logistics companies, and rental truck businesses.

Specialized Trucking Operations: Businesses involved in specialized trucking operations, such as refrigerated transport, hazardous materials hauling, oversized load transportation, and flatbed trucking, require commercial truck insurance tailored to their specific needs and risks.

Contractors and Construction Companies: Businesses in the construction industry that use commercial trucks for hauling equipment, materials, or waste need commercial truck insurance to protect their assets and liabilities.

Interstate and Intrastate Carriers: Companies engaged in interstate or intrastate commerce, including those transporting goods across state lines or within a single state, require commercial truck insurance to comply with regulatory requirements and protect against potential liabilities.


Commercial truck filings prove that you have Liability insurance to satisfy minimum federal and state requirements. Below are some common questions about insurance filings. For more information on insurance filings, and information by state, click here.

What are insurance filings? 

Insurance filings are documents submitted to regulatory authorities to demonstrate compliance with insurance requirements. They typically include proof of insurance coverage and details about the insured entity, such as vehicles, drivers, or businesses. These filings ensure that businesses and individuals meet legal obligations and maintain adequate insurance protection.

Federal and State Filings: What’s the difference? 

Federal filings are submitted to federal agencies, such as the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), for interstate commerce regulations. State filings are submitted to state departments of motor vehicles or insurance regulators to comply with state-specific insurance requirements, such as minimum liability coverage limits and proof of insurance.

Who Needs Insurance Filings? 

Businesses and individuals involved in commercial activities requiring insurance, such as trucking, transportation, and certain types of businesses, need insurance filings. This includes trucking companies, motor carriers, freight brokers, and other entities engaged in interstate or intrastate commerce. Insurance filings demonstrate compliance with legal requirements and help protect against liabilities associated with commercial operations.

How Do I Get a Filing? 

Your insurance carrier can assist you in insurance filing once you have purchased the required coverage completely. Once you have done the documentation of your truck insurance, your insurer can help you with the filing process.




Commercial truck insurance is a collection of particular vehicle insurance plans created to cater to the demands of trucking companies. Your trucks are covered by standard commercial trucks insurance plans in the case of an accident. The majority of losses from a variety of risks are covered by collision and comprehensive coverage.

Commercial truck insurance provides coverage for various aspects of trucking operations, including:

Liability Coverage: This covers damages and injuries caused to others in an accident where the insured truck is at fault. It includes bodily injury liability, which pays for medical expenses and lost wages of injured parties, and property damage liability, which covers damage to other vehicles or property.

Physical Damage Coverage: Also known as collision coverage, this protects the insured truck against damage caused by collisions with other vehicles or objects, regardless of fault. It typically covers the cost of repairing or replacing the truck.

Comprehensive Coverage: This covers damage to the insured truck caused by non-collision incidents, such as theft, vandalism, fire, natural disasters, or falling objects.

Cargo Insurance: This covers the value of the cargo being transported in the event of theft, damage, or loss during transit. Cargo insurance can be tailored to specific types of cargo and transportation needs.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This protects the insured truck and its occupants if they are involved in an accident with a driver who lacks sufficient insurance coverage or is uninsured.

Medical Payments Coverage: This pays for medical expenses incurred by the driver and passengers of the insured truck, regardless of fault, in the event of an accident.

Trailer Interchange Coverage: This provides coverage for physical damage to trailers that are not owned by the insured but are in their care, custody, or control.

Non-Trucking Liability Coverage: Also known as bobtail insurance, this covers the truck when it is being driven without a trailer for personal use or under circumstances not related to business operations.

We provide cheap 24 to 72 hour plans for owner-operators who need short-term or temporary coverage to move a vehicle. For people who need to transport a truck from the place of purchase to their house or take one for repairs, these policies are helpful.

Physical damage and short-term main liability coverage are both offered.

Our short term policy pricings are listed as:

  • 1 days – $140
  • 2 days – $240
  • 3 days – $340
  • 4 days – $440
  • 5 days – $540

Trucking insurance covers damages such as collision, theft, fire, explosions, as well as various other physical damages.

The vehicle’s weight influences the cost of insurance policy. Higher coverage limits are needed for heavier vehicles, which raises the cost of insurance. 

Trucking insurance might also be more costly in some locations. The cost of trucker’s insurance will be greater if you run your truck or vehicles primarily on congested roadways or in areas where the cost of living is high.

The cost of trucking insurance also depends on the kind and value of the cargo being transported.

Drivers or owners of larger vehicles like dump trucks, cargo vans, and automobiles weighing more than 15,000 pounds often require commercial truck insurance.

Typically, filings are finalized 48 hours after the request is made.

Your truck policy depends on the level of coverage you pick. However, if you take adequate commercial truck insurance then you protect your vehicles from events that could damage the truck and the drivers operating it. Whenever you buy a insurance policy, you need to look for:

Yes, the truck insurance policy covers all sorts of damage to the trailer. You can pick either comprehensive or collision or even both for your trailer.
As trucks are bigger in size than other vehicles, the cost of insuring it also doesn’t come cheap. Additionally, they operate almost every day on the road which exposes your commercial vehicles to potential risks even more. Thus, the cost of truck insurance is a bit higher than other vehicles.
While commercial truck insurance helps trucking businesses to operate uninterruptedly and gives protection from all likely risks, there are a few things that are NOT covered in it such as
  • Non-accidental damages like wear and tear, mechanical breakdown, improper operation, etc.
  • Damages occurring due to irresponsible driving such as traffic violations, the influence of alcohol, etc.
  • Losses arise in the event of war, nuclear risks, intentional damages, etc.
The first step to purchasing commercial truck insurance is by contacting us. We will customize your truck policy according to the level of risks you are exposed to. You will get the best protection at the most affordable rate for sure!
The more you cover your commercial vehicle, the more financial support you get at the time of the accident. Sticking to the minimum state requirement might not benefit you when you suffer heavy property loss or physical injury in an accident. Consider adding the following coverages to your trucking policy for complete protection:
If you fail or forget to renew your commercial truck insurance then you would:
  • Not be reimbursed for the losses you suffer in the incident.
  • Not be paid the no-claim bonus.
  • Get penalized if you are not carrying the proper truck policy.

Tools are typically not covered by standard commercial truck insurance policies. Commercial truck insurance primarily focuses on covering the truck itself, cargo, liability, and related aspects of trucking operations. However, some insurance providers may offer optional coverage or endorsements that extend coverage to tools and equipment carried in the truck.

If tools are an essential part of your business operations and are regularly transported in your commercial truck, you should discuss your specific needs with our team to discuss potential options. We can advise you on available options for protecting your tools and equipment.

In many case, yes, employees or workers who operate your commercial trucks as part of their job duties are typically covered under your commercial truck insurance policy. Commercial truck insurance policies often include coverage for both the truck itself and the individuals who operate it, including:

Liability Coverage: This protects your business if your employee is at fault in an accident that causes injury or property damage to others. It covers legal fees, medical expenses, and damages awarded in lawsuits resulting from the accident.

Medical Payments Coverage: This pays for medical expenses incurred by your employees or workers if they are injured in an accident while operating the insured truck, regardless of fault.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This protects your employees if they are involved in an accident with a driver who lacks sufficient insurance coverage or is uninsured. It covers medical expenses and lost wages if the other driver is at fault and cannot pay for damages.

Worker’s Compensation Insurance: While not typically part of a commercial truck insurance policy, worker’s compensation insurance is a separate coverage that provides benefits to employees who are injured or become ill in the course of their employment. It covers medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, and lost wages for injured employees and helps protect employers from potential lawsuits related to workplace injuries.

It’s essential to review your commercial truck insurance quote or policy carefully to understand the extent of coverage provided for your employees and workers. Additionally, you may want to consider obtaining workers’ compensation insurance to ensure comprehensive protection for your employees and compliance with legal requirements in your jurisdiction.